Advanced Search

Author Topic: Secret Identity Thread - Introduce Yourself!  (Read 2400 times)

July 11, 2016, 10:56:46 AM
Read 2400 times

Jas

• Global Moderator

• Pronouns: they/them

Secret Identity Thread - Introduce Yourself!
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:56:46 AM »
Here is where you can introduce yourself to your fellow superheroes!

Code: [Select]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preferred Name:[/b]
[b]Favorite Superhero:[/b]
[b]Favorite Supervillain:[/b]
[b]Favorite Superhero Movie:[/b]
[b]Favorite Comic (if you read them):[/b]
[b]Fun fact:[/b]
[b]Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them):[/b]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:36:49 AM by Jas »
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Sense8, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, Arrow-verse, Marvel, Rooster Teeth

July 11, 2016, 11:00:25 AM
Reply #1

Jas

• Global Moderator

• Pronouns: they/them

Re: Secret Identity Thread - Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:00:25 AM »
Username: Jas
Preferred Name: Jas
Favorite Superhero: Is Bucky a superhero? Because I love him :-* If not, Hawkeye.
Favorite Supervillain: Again... Bucky? Or the Joker
Favorite Superhero Movie: Civil War (allllllll the Bucky love)
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Hmmm... I have no idea. I read too many.
Fun fact: I have a friend who worked on Winter Soldier and may or may not currently be working on a Marvel movie.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Poof - ability to teleport myself and others
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:36:42 AM by Jas »
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Sense8, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, Arrow-verse, Marvel, Rooster Teeth

July 11, 2016, 08:33:52 PM
Reply #2

anastasia

• Pronouns: They/Them

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Username: anastasia
Preferred Name: Anna
Favorite Superhero: Spider-Man / Captain America
Favorite Supervillain: The Joker
Favorite Superhero Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy
Favorite Comic (if you read them): The Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way
Fun fact: I spend approximately 5 hours a week debating superheroes when school is in session.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Flying!
Don't
Panic

July 15, 2016, 07:19:55 PM
Reply #3

marvel girl

• Pronouns: she/her

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
Username: marvel girl (used to be ichliebegeorg)
Preferred Name: Livvy
Favorite Superhero: Thor
Favorite Supervillain: Loki
Favorite Superhero Movie: Hmm... Thor: the Dark World was a big love of mine, although Avengers: Age of Ultron comes close... but I really do love all of them. xD
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Gosh, it's been a while. I don't know the exact name, but my first comic book series was that of the Fantastic Four, and they always hold a special place in my heart. <3
Fun fact: I am more of a Marvel/superhero nerd than my boyfriend. xD I can babble on all day with/at him about connections and superhero backgrounds.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): I wish I did. :P I've had this discussion before and I'm never absolutely certain, but I think either the powers of the Human Torch (fire and flying) or telekinesis.
  • Fandoms: Marvel - Harry Potter - Sherlock - Marco Polo - Funhaus - Achievement Hunter - The Witcher - Smosh

July 15, 2016, 07:36:54 PM
Reply #4

Chilly

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 07:36:54 PM »
Username: Chilly
Preferred Name: Chilly
Favorite Superhero: Steve Rogers / Captain America
Favorite Supervillain: Eobard Thawne / The Reverse-Flash (I would also say Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto, but I am hesitant to brand him as a supervillain)
Favorite Superhero Movie: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Captain America: The Winter Soldier, probably
Favorite Comic (if you read them): I'm fond of the Flashpoint series, but I've only read the comics relating to it for The Flash, even though it stretched across all of the DC Comics. I also enjoyed the House of M series
Fun fact: I've always wanted to be a teleporter since sixth grade, when I wrote some stories about myself and my friends having superpowers and having to save a different world.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): I would love to have the power of teleportation (Jas you stole my power :P), and one of my friends dubbed superhero!me Quantum, because of quantum entanglement
  • Fandoms: Prison Break, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Marvel, Harry Potter, sports (soccer/football/hockey)

July 15, 2016, 07:51:56 PM
Reply #5

T-Dryane

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 07:51:56 PM »
Username: T-Dryane
Preferred Name: Weezy
Favorite Superhero: Iron Man and Wolverine
Favorite Supervillain: Harley Quinn
Favorite Superhero Movie: Iron Man
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Spider-Man
Fun fact: My friend and I were kicked out of our class back in high school for talking about which X-Men movie was our favorite while the teacher was lecturing. :P
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Super strength and invincibility.

July 24, 2016, 02:36:16 AM
Reply #6

potterfreak!

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »
Username: potterfreak!
Preferred Name: Sam
Favorite Superhero: Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Favorite Supervillain: Poison Ivy
Favorite Superhero Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy, though Doctor Strange looks like it could change that!
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Ultimates - an Avengers team made up of Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Spectrum, and Ms. America. Wonderful writing and fantastic art - definitely my favorite of all the All-New, All-Different Marvel titles.
Fun fact: I have a massive collection of comics and it just keeps growing; most recently I received a shipment of 113 new comics and have no place to put them...
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Too many to choose!
  • Fandoms: Game of Thrones, Marvel, The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, Hannibal, Alien, Mass Effect, BioShock, Dragon Age, D&D

July 24, 2016, 08:43:51 PM
Reply #7

Mz. Hyde

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 08:43:51 PM »
Username: Mz. Hyde
Preferred Name: Keely
Favorite Superhero: Zatanna Zatara
Favorite Supervillain: Loki Laufeyson
Favorite Superhero Movie: I'm gonna be different and say Mystery Men because if that doesn't count, it really should.
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Justice League Dark
Fun fact: Zatanna is my favorite character ever, and I've cosplayed her several times. This one time I was walking down artist alley, and this one guy asked me to say something backwards (because that's how she casts spells) and my mind completely blanked. After a moment of stupidy I muttered Ssik ym ttub (kiss my butt). He was all flushed and said 'no, no I'm happily married' and I walked away all embarrassed. Later on I went to a panel and apparently the guy used to be an artist for Hannah Barbara. So that is the story of how I told a somewhat famous artist to go kiss my butt.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Obviously my super power is backwards spellcasting. I mean, come on-- XD
  • Fandoms: :: harry potter, marvel, dc, neil gaiman, carmilla, etc. ::
:: I don't want a never ending life.
:: I just want to be alive while I'm here.

August 06, 2016, 03:59:05 PM
Reply #8

JudithC

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »
Username:  JudithC
Preferred Name:  Judith or Juicy
Favorite Superhero:  Iron Man
Favorite Supervillain:  Catwoman
Favorite Superhero Movie:  Iron Man 3, I think, with The Avengers a close second
Favorite Comic (if you read them):  I don't read them any more, but when I did, Adventure was probably my favorite.
Fun fact:  I remember the tragic day when DC comics changed price from 12¢ to 15¢.  At the time, my weekly allowance was 25¢, which went for two comics and two half-cent pieces of Bazooka bubble gum (which I had to hide from my parents because I wasn't allowed to chew gum).  Then, all of a sudden, I could only afford one comic!  The horror!  Sure, I could carry over the change from the quarter to the next week, but it just wasn't the same. 
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them):  Hmm.  It's a toss-up.  On the one hand, teleportation would be very useful for things like instant commuting.  On the other, for a long time I've wanted to be able to heal with my mind/energy, which I consider small-scale telekinesis.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 04:40:50 PM by JudithC »

August 22, 2016, 09:55:49 AM
Reply #9

Samie

• Pronouns: she/they

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »
Username: Samie
Preferred Name: Samie
Favorite Superhero: It's a good fight between Captain America and Wonder Woman
Favorite Supervillain: Magneto
Favorite Superhero Movie: ... Captain America: The First Avenger / The Dark Knight
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Black Panther, currently!
Fun fact: I'm a late-to-comic-universe bandwagoner, so I have a really skewed sense of which characters are popular and which are not, and also how powerful each character is.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): I'd like to be able to fly, and punch a dude's lights out.

September 09, 2016, 03:46:59 PM
Reply #10

Azul

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
Username: Azul
Preferred Name: Azul
Favorite Superhero: Kevin Conroy, a.k.a. Batman
Favorite Supervillain: Mark Hamill, a.k.a. The Joker
Favorite Superhero Movie: Justice League: Doom.  A great example of just how dangerous the mind can be when used to conquer those who have abilities you do not possess, and a statement to why I favor Batman so much.
Favorite Comic (if you read them): I haven't read comics in years... but of the ones I remember reading, I was heavy into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and Spiderman.
Fun fact: I have my own thoughts on a "superhero" and universe, but it's more of a novel than a comic idea. It's been sitting in the back of my brain for over a decade. I just lack the creativity to actually write any degree of a story on it.  The simplest premise is on Elementals.
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Cryokinesis... at least in my dreams.  Realistically, I've a remarkable memory for things I enjoy.  It is not to the level of being eidetic, but I can be remarkably accurate and/or confident I can find what I am looking for sometimes.

October 05, 2016, 07:15:21 PM
Reply #11

AwesomenessQueen

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
Username: AwesomenessQueen
Preferred Name: Sky
Favorite Superhero: Iron Man
Favorite Supervillain: Harley Quinn, Joker, and Loki! I honestly cannot pick a favorite.
Favorite Superhero Movie: This is technically more of a supervillain movie, but Suicide Squad. Although Avengers comes in a very close second.
Favorite Comic (if you read them): Sorry, not much of a comics person.
Fun fact: I am trilingual (sort of). I speak fluent Spanish but am just starting to learn Russian, so I don't know if that counts as trilingual. XD
Superhero Identity and Superpowers (if you have them): Superhero Identity: Tempest Superpowers: I can control air and can do magic.