Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Cat Room 2  (Read 49377 times)

May 04, 2024, 08:47:07 PM
Reply #1425

JudithC

Re: The Cat Room 2
« Reply #1425 on: May 04, 2024, 08:47:07 PM »
Not much to update about today. It took me ages to get to sleep last night, and I woke up crabby. On the bright side, I did wake up plenty early enough for what I needed to get done, and a nice hot shower and hair wash helped somewhat with my mood.

I ended up not going out because it was pouring, and getting soaked with cold water was not my idea of a good time. Hopefully the organizer wasn't too discouraged and will try again when the weather is better. Meanwhile, I might find a day to check out the farmers’ market on my own. It’s open on Thursdays as well as weekends, so that might be a better option, particularly since I have commitments for parts of two other weekends this month.

While I was trying to put some words together, Albus showed up in search of attention, and I had to break the news to him that the lap is full of keyboard, so it couldn't be full of cat. He moved from the arm of the couch to in front of my monitor on the computer table, and I had to be very careful to oonch him off so his tail didn't take down the display of coins on one side of the monitor. Freakin' cat.

May 05, 2024, 07:32:41 PM
Reply #1426

JudithC

« Reply #1426 on: May 05, 2024, 07:32:41 PM »
Here comes another short update. Last night’s sleep was kinda sketchy and restless, plus the weather has been conducive to grogginess, so I can’t say I managed to accomplish anything. Well, except for cutting all my nails, which I probably only remembered to do because I put the clippers out last night. Anyway, I’m having an easier time typing, as I always do right after I chop my claws.

I’ve been reading too much news, and it’s probably aggravated my depression. I should ground myself from news reading, at least for the rest of the day, but it’s hard when I have so little else to do.

Tonight I’ll be experimenting with a new kind of edible. I mentioned to James that I’d considered trying Frey’s treats when I ran out of peanut butter cups, and bacon sounded like a good flavor – or anything savory rather than sweet – and he happened to be near a dispensary while he was out yesterday, so he stopped in to see what they had. The most interesting item was pretzels of the right strength in three different flavors. I picked nacho cheese, and I’ll be giving it a try tonight. They’re actually less expensive than the cups, so if they get the job done, they’ll make a good change.

May 06, 2024, 08:25:12 PM
Reply #1427

JudithC

« Reply #1427 on: May 06, 2024, 08:25:12 PM »
Last night's sleep was better, which I consider a successful test of the enhanced pretzels. One advantage to them over the peanut butter cups is that I was able to halve all of them at once and put them all together in a smaller ziploc bag. It's a lot easier than having to use a knife and hope it produces something like halves. Also, if I ever think I'll be able to sleep without assistance but find I can't, I'll be able to stagger into the bathroom and pull out a half, rather than hoping it's an even number night so there's a half already cut. The nacho cheese flavoring isn't exactly impressive, but for half a pretzel it doesn't much matter.

For dinner last night, James made us an improvised variant of quiche. It started as a way to use the last of the asparagus and mushrooms left over from Wednesday's dinner, and to that he added bacon, onion, and cheese. It turned out very tasty, with enough left over for my lunch. He made a second one without the bacon, which he took to work for his lunch. I hope he shared, though it's not beyond the realm of possibility for him to have eaten the whole thing himself.

For dessert I tried one of the eggnog ice cream sandwiches. The "bread" part is white, rather than chocolate, which I think would clash hideously. The dominant flavor of the eggnog ice cream is nutmeg, followed by cinnamon - odd but kind of fun as a change of pace. I can't imagine paying full price for them, but at half price they were worth getting.

This morning I had a nice chat with a bank customer service person because one of my CDs matured today, and for some reason I'm not allowed to roll it over on the website for a length of time that's different from the original one. While I was at it, I had her remove an extraneous phone number from my account. By the area code it must have been a work number, but it was so old that I didn't recognize it at all.

She was in Texas, poor thing - for a number of reasons. On top of the toxic politics there, they've been having heavy rain that's led to flooding that has already killed at least one person. I didn't see if they were also having power outages, but it wouldn't surprise me, since they insist on having their own power grid separate from the rest of the South, which means they have no backup to draw on if theirs has issues.

Our weather has been multiple choice again. I am very much looking forward to our upcoming temperature increase so I can have the deck door open. It's terribly stuffy in here, but so far it's still below the trigger point for the heat. That's supposed to change on Thursday, when we're expected to have three days in the 80s.

May 07, 2024, 08:26:58 PM
Reply #1428

JudithC

« Reply #1428 on: May 07, 2024, 08:26:58 PM »
Not much to update about today. I slept all right, but still I’ve been horribly depressed for no reason. It was part of the reason I didn’t manage to drag myself out for a walk. The weather was the other. It was one of those “if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes” days, and in fact when I went out for the mail, it was bright sunny and raining at the same time.

For the first time in probably a week, I re-treated the army shoes with saddle soap. I’m hoping to wear them outside tomorrow, when it’s supposed to be both sunnier and warmer, though not yet too warm for closed shoes. That will happen on Thursday.

I finished the first Rizzoli & Isles book, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how they got the TV series out of it. Maybe the others will provide more of a clue. The next two are both en route, and their arrival will depend on the post office. Hopefully the next book will introduce Isles, who did not appear at all in the first one. Meanwhile, I need to pick out something else to read. With our library, that won’t be a problem.

May 08, 2024, 07:43:13 PM
Reply #1429

JudithC

« Reply #1429 on: May 08, 2024, 07:43:13 PM »
My sleep last night sucked dead rat. This time it was all about James noises because the white cats weren’t even in the room for the first several hours. I should probably have moved to the new cat room when it first started looking like one of those nights, but I didn’t have the get up and go to get up and go.

In spite of the lack of sleep, the weather today has been nice enough that I forced myself to go out for a walk, which helped my mood a bit. I wore the army shoes, and the right one rubbed a little, but not nearly as much as before. I just walked as far as Petsmart, which seems to be totally out of the adoptable cats business though they boast about how many cats have been adopted through their programs.

On the way there I noticed the local hardware store and remembered that they sold plants this time of year, so on the way back on stopped in there to see if anything they had tickled my fancy. It didn't, but I did realize that I need to remember to take my reading glasses or I have a terrible time reading the tags.

Next Tuesday I'll be going to the dentist, and Fred Meyer, which has quite a substantial garden section, is right across the street, so I can see what they have without making a special trip. The seeds have done exactly nothing, so it's time to move on to Plan B and buy a few plants instead. James plans to set up the gardenette with wooden borders and fill it in with better soil, but not until next year, and the odds are that he won't remember, so I don't want to wait and hope.

This morning in the shower I suddenly noticed that the clear plastic curtain liner had developed a lot of mildew in addition to the hard water deposit that has accumulated on the part nearest the faucet. I decided that rather than driving myself crazy with trying to scrub something flexible with nothing behind it to exert pressure against, I'd just order a new one. Temu had a nice looking heavy duty kind that's also supposed to be mold resistant. I ordered two, for a total cost of about 2/3 of what I paid for the old one at Kohl's even with money off.

While I was there, I also ordered a pack of 12 scrubbing sponges, since we're down to our last one. I was still short on the minimum for free shipping, and I remembered that James had intended to replace one of his pillows ages ago, so I found one that I hope will work. My plan is to replace the old one but not throw it out until he's used the new one, though I fully expect him not to notice the change.

May 09, 2024, 08:00:46 PM
Reply #1430

JudithC

« Reply #1430 on: May 09, 2024, 08:00:46 PM »
I don’t know how much of an update this is going to be because depression. Once again, everything is hurting me. I’m so sick of this crap…

Last night’s sleep benefited from James sleeping on the couch because he had to be at work a couple of hours early, to drive the truck in place of the scheduled driver, who did something to himself that made it so he couldn't drive. James told me what the injury was, but my forgettery ate it. I went to bed an hour early because I was beat, and I still had some trouble getting to sleep, but just when I'd gotten to the point of deciding I needed help, I didn't.

It took some effort, but I did push myself out for a walk. I had to wear old shoes because when I tried putting on the army shoes, the right one hurt too much in the usual toes. Even with a nice breeze, it was hot enough that about halfway through I regretted not wearing a top that could be seen in public so I could take off the denim jacket. Not the end of the world though, and it has been nice to be able to have the deck door open.

Neighbor Patty stopped by to ask if I’d be doing the pool again. We had a nice chat, which somewhat morbidly got into what we want our final arrangements to be. I’m not sure how we got there from pool volunteering. She also offered me what I thought would be extra herb plants but turned out to be some kind of a vegetable seed kit. I’m hoping I turned it down nicely enough because it’s a social cues thing, but it wouldn’t have been helpful at all.

My lunch today was left over from yesterday, which was left over from James's lunch the day before. The people he shared quiche with decided they needed to reciprocate, so they got him too many tacos. What he brought home actually turned out to be one taco and one bean burrito, which was too much for one meal for me. I ate the taco and a couple of bites of burrito before I decided I'd reached my limit. The burrito was very dry, so today I tore off and tossed excess tortilla, heated what was left, unrolled it, and added a bunch of taco sauce. That moistened it to edibility, though it was still not what I'd have chosen if left to myself.

I haven’t yet gotten any details about Saturday’s script reading workshop from organizer/screenwriter Vincent. He responded positively to my volunteering, and I know it’s not the last minute yet, but still… I’ve already started composing what could be an email or text, depending on my mood, in case he has decided against me after all and is taking the easy way out by not getting back to me. Multiple prospective employers taking that approach to not hiring me has made me more annoyed and less sensitive than I used to be.

May 10, 2024, 07:59:23 PM
Reply #1431

JudithC

« Reply #1431 on: May 10, 2024, 07:59:23 PM »
My sleep last night was terribly interrupted, and I can't even blame James or the white cats. I just couldn't stay asleep, and after a certain point I couldn't even get back to sleep, though it was way too early for me to get up. I’ve been running on fumes for most of the day, and the sudden heat with quite a bit of humidity hasn’t helped in the slightest.

My weekend is going to be less interesting than I thought. I'd been expecting to get instructions from Vincent about the thing he'll be doing tomorrow morning with actors reading several short movie scripts so the writers could hear how they sounded. When I'd still heard nothing this morning, after spending a couple of days fuming and tending toward taking it personally, I found a way to inquire that wouldn't come across as negative, and shot him an email. He told me that I was on a waiting list. Not sure why he couldn't have said so in the first place, but there you go.

It is too bad I didn't figure out how to phrase the inquiry before I was mostly done with laundry, but I didn't, and it's done. After spending part of last night much too hot, I told James I thought it was time to put the big blanket away, and he agreed. I’ve also gone to lighter weight PJs, though I didn’t want to go too light weight because the high temperatures are supposed to drop about 10 degrees on Saturday night.

Anyway, there's unusual solar activity going on that could give us a display of the Northern Lights tonight, and James has been talking about going somewhere far enough from civilization to eliminate light pollution and watch. He's invited me to go along, but the best display would be at about 3am, and I'm not sure I'm up for that. If I don't go, I'm thinking of checking out the farmer's market since I don't have laundry to do in the morning. It's supposed to be sunny and hot again, so no getting soaked with cold water like last Saturday.

The second Rizzoli & Isles book arrived to day, and it actually is the second book, though the third was scheduled to arrive first. I haven't started it yet because I haven't been able to keep my eyes open and focused. Apparently Isles is introduced in this one, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she compares to Isles in the TV show, considering how different everything else has been so far.

Given the heat, I was contemplating sandals, and I realized that now that I have saddle soap, I can treat my two pairs of leather sandals with it instead of hand lotion. Hopefully that will soften them better, so they don’t chew on my toes the way they tend to do. I’ve left them on top of the shoe cubbyhole things until the saddle soap has a chance to sink in, since even during the short time it took me to take them upstairs, they started sticking together where they touched. Eventually I’ll put them back into their cubbyholes, but there’s no huge flaming hurry on that.

May 11, 2024, 08:52:28 PM
Reply #1432

JudithC

« Reply #1432 on: May 11, 2024, 08:52:28 PM »
Last night’s sleep was quite a bit better, possibly because I got off my lazy butt and did something during the day. Funny how that works. If so, I should sleep even better tonight.

Things kind of came together for last night and today. James was too tired for a road trip for the aurora, which turned out to be something of an anticippointment in our immediate area. His coworker/mini me Ash went out to Vancouver Lake, which is away from light pollution, and sent one photo that frankly I found underwhelming. There were vague colors in the sky, but nothing like the magnificent displays that show up in professional photos. Even so, we'd both like to have seen it in person, but by the time James got the photo, he'd already been drinking so he did the responsible thing and didn't get behind the wheel.

After my good sleep and a small breakfast, I took off for the farmers market at about noon. I'd been thinking about finding lunch there, but the crowd killed my appetite in five minutes or less. I met lots of lovely dogs and got puppy love, which is always good. A lot of the booths had semi-interesting things, including some that sold plants that I checked for anything that might be good for the gardenette, but they were all pretty ordinary.

The only place I spent money had Middle Eastern foods in containers, including a veggie/spice mix I hadn't seen since Israel. I gave it a quick taste when I got home, and it has a good flavor but not nearly the heat of what I got used to. That's not a surprise, considering how wimpy people around here tend to be about spice.

There was also a booth of woodworking, including a gorgeous box with lid carved in a bear's head. I spoke with the artist, who was in charge of the booth, and mentioned that I'd love to get something like that with a lynx head. (I also raised the skirt I was wearing high enough for him to see my lynx tattoo.  ) I’ve followed up with him, including sending him three pictures he might be able to work from.

Aside from excessive heat, the only hitch in the trip was that I think I looked at the Sunday bus schedule for the return trip, and I ended up with more of a wait at the bus stop than I expected or wanted. That was more than balanced out by the bus ride, which was like being in a meat locker. I’d had my hair clipped up for the heat, but after a minute or so on the bus, I took it down and spread it out over my shoulders like a shawl. That would have worked better before I lost so much hair, but I can only do what I can do. I got changed into staying at home clothes, and once I’d cooled off from the walk from the bus stop, I had a very late lunch of part of the leftover asada fries James brought home for dinner yesterday.

I haven't started my second book yet, and I'm probably going to hold off until after I read the much shorter book James ordered for himself. It's something from his childhood that he described as having ideas that have haunted him ever since, which makes me curious. If I read it too, we might even be able to have a conversation about it, rather than him heading straight to his AI the way he does these days.

May 12, 2024, 09:07:46 PM
Reply #1433

JudithC

« Reply #1433 on: May 12, 2024, 09:07:46 PM »
Not much to update about today. I got to bed later than usual last night, first because I was watching NCIS reruns, and the episode that ended at 11 (my usual bedtime) left me in a state of mind I didn’t want to take to bed so I watched one more, and then because James, who had been out unsuccessfully looking for aurora to watch, got home right after I turned off the light, and I wanted to find out how his adventure went.

I still couldn’t stay asleep in the morning, which led to a short night. Hopefully that will mean good sleep tonight. I’ll have the bed to myself because James has to go to work early again. I thought about offering him the bed, but logistically it makes more sense for him to sleep downstairs. That way my TV won’t disturb him tonight, and his alarms won’t disturb me tomorrow morning..

I was aiming for today for reading James’s book, but I didn't want to start it while he was in, just in case he wanted to continue reading, and then he took forever to go out for office hours, and after that I was too sleepy and in need of a nap. It's enough been cooler today that I was tempted to stretch out in the sun, except it was the wrong time of day for sun to come inside or hit the deck, and the lawn was full of little monsters. Now I'm planning to read the book tomorrow, when it's supposed to be rainy all day, so I won't be able to go out to do anything.

May 13, 2024, 10:28:11 PM
Reply #1434

JudithC

« Reply #1434 on: May 13, 2024, 10:28:11 PM »
Last night I was hoping that because I had the bed to myself, I wouldn't need a sleep aid, but that turned out not to be the case. I tossed and turned for longer than I should have, and finally gave up, gave in, and ate half a pretzel. I must have been hungry because it tasted better than usual. Dinner was light - salmon and brussels sprouts baked together in foil - so it probably had worn off by then. (So far so good with James cooking, and he found some appropriate meats at 4/$20, so we're set there for a couple of weeks of his cooking.)

This morning Callisto joined me in the bedroom while I was still in bed. She got as close as my night stand but refused to join me on the bed. Then she leaped across to the chest of drawers in front of the window and made herself as comfortable as she could on top of the stereo, which wasn't quite big enough for her fatness to sprawl on properly. She just hung out there for a while.

Albus slept with me, so he was already there, and then Baal joined us. We almost had a four-cat bedroom, but Frey only got as far as the doorway, saw everybody else was there, and changed his mind. Maybe next time. It was the first time Callisto was that comfortable in the bedroom, so there's still progress happening. Frey has been known to sleep on James's pillows, but only when he's alone in the room. Cats are such funny people!

I read James's book, and I can see why it haunted him. It’s House of Stairs by William Sleator, if anybody’s interested. Long story short, it's about an experiment in conditioning behavior carried out on four 16 year old orphans, theoretically for use on a larger scale to keep populations in line once they work the bugs out. I kind of blew the big reveal because I know something about the subject and caught onto what was going on, but it was still pretty horrifying, particularly at the very end, which showed how very effective the conditioning was on three of the kids.

I heard from Marychris, who’s been working on altering my uniform. She thinks she might be done with it, and she asked about dropping it off on her way up to Seattle. She picked the right day because I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and Thursday I’ll be doing extra work on another music video. I’m very much looking forward to seeing how it looks. I don’t yet know how much I’ll owe her because she was still sewing, but hopefully not an arm and a leg.

May 14, 2024, 08:35:38 PM
Reply #1435

JudithC

« Reply #1435 on: May 14, 2024, 08:35:38 PM »
Last night I went to bed an hour early because I was that tired, but I couldn't get to sleep. After an hour, I got up and ate half a pretzel, which got the job done nicely. I knew I needed to have enough energy to walk a couple of miles (to the dentist and back) and be socially acceptable while I was there, which requires a reasonable amount of sleep.

The dentist visit went fine. It was just the usual preventive stuff, including my twice a year spanking over not flossing. I got to use my shiny new insurance for the first time, which was kind of awesome. I asked if I looked any better because of the high priced medicinal mouthwash I've been using, and they said yes, so I guess I'm stuck continuing to use it.

On my way back, I made a couple of stops. The first was at the Fred Meyer across the street, to look through the plants in their garden area. They had a good selection for probably anyone but me, but nothing I saw inspired me, and the longer I looked, the less I liked the idea of the actual planting, so I left.

Then, since I wasn't carrying anything, I went to Safeway for more breakfast bread, where I had a rather unpleasant experience with one of the two people working in the bakery department when I went to get the bread sliced. She seemed harried, so I tried to be sympathetic, and she bit my head off. Fine, I won't make that mistake again. I also found some sliced turkey with $2 off, which I'm planning to roll up and dip into my yummy Israeli spicy pepper stuff, and a smoked mozzarella pasta thing with $1 off an already decent price, which I had for lunch. It had a nice bite to it, and I might well see if I can find it again.

I've heard from Marychris again, and there's good news and bad news. The good news is that she'll be dropping off the tunic and skirt tomorrow morning on her way to Seattle. The bad news is that she made a mis-cut in the shirt that she can't recover from, so she's ordering a new one, and she'll cover the cost (as she should). Because I'm nice, I found her the link to the website and the item number, and suggested what should be the right size, which is a size smaller than the huge first time. With a bit of luck, it will fit well enough not to need altering.

Between the gift cards I've earned from points from searching with Bing and the rewards points from the credit card I used for the uniform, I just ordered the next two (4 and 5 of 13) Rizzoli & Isles books. By the way, I've just met Isles in the second book, and she looks Goth. I can see why the show didn't go that route, since comparisons with Abby on NCIS would have been inevitable.

May 15, 2024, 07:54:26 PM
Reply #1436

JudithC

« Reply #1436 on: May 15, 2024, 07:54:26 PM »
Last night started much better sleep-wise, but then I woke up at about 5:30 and never did get properly back to sleep. James came home shortly before noon because he wasn't feeling good, and we both crashed for a nap at about 2:30. Hopefully it won't do anything to either of our sleep tonight.

Marychris stopped by with the finished parts of my uniform as well as the damaged shirt. Apparently she was using her serging machine, which both cuts and sews to keep the fabric from fraying between the operations, and it cut when she'd intended to stitch. The snip couldn't be more visible, between the top buttonhole and the collar, and there's no way to fix it that wouldn't show. I might be able to cover it with the tie, but I'd always be aware it was there, and I'd feel the need to keep checking that it was still covered. On the bright side, the jacket and skirt both look great. James had the good idea of getting a garment bag for protection, so I'll be getting on Temu to see what they have. I wish I could remember what I was thinking about looking for yesterday because now would be a good time.

After waiting for months, I've heard from the folks with the forest witch filming coming up. It will be happening over Memorial Day weekend. I like Colin, who's in charge, because he doesn't wait until the last minute, as opposed to the people doing the music video I'm supposed to be an extra on tomorrow morning, who haven't yet provided any details.

Anyway, I've now had a general email introducing us all to each other, which is important because the crew is different from the one for what was shot last fall, as well as one asking about our transportation needs and another about food restrictions and suggestions. For transportation I've offered to meet costumer/prosthetics gal Christina at her studio if she'll be leaving from there, though I'll need a ride all the way home because we'll be too early for the bus home to run. For food I suggested avoiding things that would be likely to drip on the wardrobe, if we'll be eating while we're in it. I also requested some kind of cold drink with flavor that isn't soda, since otherwise I'd probably only get water. We'll see what actually happens.

May 16, 2024, 10:07:06 PM
Reply #1437

JudithC

« Reply #1437 on: May 16, 2024, 10:07:06 PM »
My sleep last night was absolutely horrible. I went to bed early because I knew I'd be getting up early, and then I couldn't get to sleep. Eventually I ate a second half pretzel, but then the James noises started in force, so I gave up and moved to the new cat room. By then it was too late to save the night, though I was glad I moved given the volume of his snoring when I got up for a 5:30am pitstop.

When I (finally) got the email with details for today's shoot, I realized that I'd mixed up my extra work projects. The music video won't be until late June/early July, and the person doing the casting is the same one from the music video that was filmed in the drag club. She is a consummate professional and will pass along information as soon as she has it.

Today's project turned out to be kind of a vanity rom-com thing that was written and directed by, and also stars, a sweet young thing who I'm guessing hasn't done much, if anything, before. The first sign of trouble was when the filming before the first scene with extras took two hours instead of one, and it couldn't have been more than a five-minute scene. Where we were seated to wait was within earshot of where they were filming, and I could hear them making it up as they went along.

I warned them in advance that I couldn't stay much past 3, and when the time came, they were only just starting the third of the three scenes they decided they'd get done before lunch. There wasn't really anywhere to duck out to for food that wouldn't have taken ages and cost an arm and a leg, so the only thing I had to eat all day was a muffin, which they did provide.

Possibly the best part of the day was finding out that somebody I know and like got the role I auditioned for in the thing about the bartender who talked to dead people. From what she said, they don't have their act together either, but hopefully she's enjoying it more than I probably would be.

Now I’m too tired to see straight, much less put more words together, so I’m done for today.

May 17, 2024, 11:09:29 PM
Reply #1438

JudithC

« Reply #1438 on: May 17, 2024, 11:09:29 PM »
Not much to update about today. Last night's sleep was sooo much better! However, I'm going to have to re-watch everything I watched after I moved upstairs because I kept falling asleep and missing chunks. It was the season finales for the three Law & Orders, and I definitely don't want to wait until they rerun to find out how the seasons ended. Or I might just watch classic and SVU, because Organized Crime is moving to streaming, and if there's any kind of cliffhanger, I'm better off not seeing it.

The third Rizzoli & Isles book arrived, and I was very annoyed to find that apparently I didn't read the description well enough because it's a hardcover. On the bright side, since I'm no longer buying books to read at work, I don't have to deal with the reduced portability, just remembering that book 3 is on a hardcover shelf when/if I reread the series. It's quite a change of pace from the first two, which were all about Rizzoli. This one focuses on Isles, who thankfully isn't quirky like the TV version. She also has a lot less baggage than Rizzoli in terms of nasty people around her, which makes the whole thing easier for me to deal with. I'm looking forward to seeing what the author does with the others - maybe more with the two of them working together.

The day ended with the monthly main zoom chat for the esoteric Christian group. There were only four of us, but we found a surprising amount to chat about. Sadly, it included news about one of our oldest members, who has Parkinson’s and now is having hallucinations and related symptoms that are so bad she can barely function. What makes it even worse is that she is aware that she hallucinates, but she genuinely can’t tell what’s real and what’s hallucination.

May 18, 2024, 08:21:17 PM
Reply #1439

JudithC

« Reply #1439 on: May 18, 2024, 08:21:17 PM »
Well, last night I was back to horrible sleep, mostly thanks to the white cats. It was like they were doing it on purpose - waiting until I was almost asleep and then walking over me or yelling or both. I should have thrown them out of the bedroom and closed the door, but I didn't have the energy.

This morning I was so groggy I almost screwed up and stripped the bed even though it wasn’t a sheet-changing day. Laundry fit neatly into one load, which was nice. I thought about doing the quilt as a second load, but I just couldn’t be bothered.

This afternoon  I got as far as re-watching one show from last night, and then I realized I didn't have enough lerts for any more and went back to my usual Saturday reruns. It's mostly just background noise anyway, so missing half an episode of Death in Paradise while I took a nap was no big deal.

I thought the fourth Rizzoli & Isles book was going to be in today's mail because I got an update about a delivery, but it turned out to be a James order. I'm not sure why I'm getting updates for orders other than my own, and I wish I wouldn't because it gets my hopes up for no reason. Both of them so far have been delivered by the post office, and I wonder if they're sending updates by address rather than name.

James’s next delivery will be a kind of power saw blade he's needed for a while but kept talking himself out of. He looked for it at the local hardware store, where it would have cost a bit over $100, but they didn't have it, which he took as a sign he should look elsewhere. He found it on Amazon, and by the time he applied his money from searches and rewards from credit cards, it only cost him about $20. He's actually gotten to the point of feeling guilty about spending on things he doesn't really need, which is a huge improvement. And welcome to my world.