Advanced Search

Author Topic: Public Broadcasting [Chat thread]  (Read 9602 times)

July 18, 2016, 03:10:52 PM
Reply #15

Yoda12

Re: Public Broadcasting [Chat thread]
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »
I actually haven't heard of that. I may have to look into it though, because I do love Sci-Fi, and if one can binge it in two days, then maybe that will be a good distraction.

Though I did just start rewatching Firefly for the third time. It is just such a good show, and I am so upset still that they cancelled it after only one season. Has anyone else watched Firefly?
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Stargate, Star Trek, Zelda, Pokemon, Theatre, Musical Theatre

July 18, 2016, 04:06:46 PM
Reply #16

Blondie

• I'm like the Kanye West of humility.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
Firefly is love.  Firefly is life.  If I could bring back ONE cancelled show that would definitely be it.  No question.
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Stranger Things, Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Sword of Truth

July 27, 2016, 11:52:45 AM
Reply #17

C_Zachero

• Hello

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »
Has anyone watched Stranger Things on Netflix?  I binged it in two nights.  It's just that good!

I'm currently watching this! Just finished episode 4 last night. I love the 80s vibe as well, I can't get enough of it. I'll probably finish by the end of this week. Also, the child actors are amazing!

Firefly is love.  Firefly is life.  If I could bring back ONE cancelled show that would definitely be it.  No question.
I agree 100%. I need a season 2.  :'(

July 27, 2016, 12:38:55 PM
Reply #18

aera

• Pronouns: They/Them; He/Him

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
That's neat that it's filmed so close to you, Judith! I can't think of any shows that have filmed in my area, but there have been some movies.
There have been some things filmed in one of my old elementary schools (long ago was a high school, 3 story brick building) in Michigan. We were all pretty excited about that.
  • Fandoms: Orphan Black

August 02, 2016, 01:06:26 PM
Reply #19

ginnygal

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
Some summer things I really recommend:

TV wise, "Mr. Robot." It's only in it's second season so you have plenty of time to catch up. Thrilling, complicated, and great character development. You'll be on a journey with an amazing hacker named Elliott who suffers from social anxiety disorder and clinical depression. You're never one hundred percent sure if what you're watching is real, or in his head. Regardless, it's got so many plot twists and some really interesting characters. Definitely teen rated.

Movie wise, one, I'm really excited to see "Suicide Squad" this weekend. I was really excited for "Star Trek Beyond," but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I really recommend "Tarzan" though. I know, it was a stretch for me to go see this movie too, but it was AWESOME. Great cinematography, cool scenes with animals, one twisted villain, and some great leads (Margot Robbie and Alexander Skarsgard). It's nothing like the childhood version you grew up with because it's a completely new plot line that tells about what happens later in Tarzan's life after he left the jungle and then returned. It's darker and more thrilling.

Currently just finished "Vikings" which is a show on the History Channel of all places. Don't knock it until you try it. If you like Game of Thrones then you'll be hooked, trust me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:07:44 PM by ginnygal »

August 03, 2016, 01:03:34 AM
Reply #20

T-Dryane

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 01:03:34 AM »
I can't wait for Suicide Squad! It's my most anticipated movie of the year, and it's only two days away. ;D (Considering its technically Wednesday)

I did want to say that I saw Star Trek Beyond as well, but I really liked it. I'm not the biggest Trek fan though, having only seen the last three movies now. But I liked the action and comedy.

I also saw The Legend of Tarzan and agree that it was good. Sam Jackson was hilarious.

And a couple of posts back, Stranger Things was mentioned, and I finished it last week. I've only heard positive things about it, and I echo those statements because it really is a great, quick show to watch.

September 17, 2016, 09:00:12 AM
Reply #21

aera

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
Heya, fellow TV show bingers! Recently I've been watching Charmed. Anyone else been watching older shows?

September 19, 2016, 08:16:53 PM
Reply #22

hogwartsgoddess

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 08:16:53 PM »
Shockingly, I just started watching SVU, and I have to say I don't know why I haven't watched it until now. Although, I am kind of glad that I waited so long, as I now have 17 seasons to watch-I doubt I'll be bored for a few months!
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Scream Queens, Empire

September 19, 2016, 09:15:54 PM
Reply #23

aera

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 09:15:54 PM »
SVU is fantastic, especially the Benson-Stabler years! I grew up watching the original Law & Order and SVU both, and I would definitely say SVU is my favorite. ^_^ So good choice, haha.

September 24, 2016, 05:33:05 PM
Reply #24

Ever

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 05:33:05 PM »
I've spent the last month or so binge watching SVU and I love it! I also don't know why it took me so long to watch it but I'm glad I did.

Also now that it's fall and shows are coming back I was wondering what shows yall are watching or are waiting to return.

September 24, 2016, 07:03:14 PM
Reply #25

aera

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »
Well, I don't watch live tv (I suppose technically I do have a basic cable subscription that my fiance's grandmother pays for, but I don't like commercials and flipping through channels to find something I like), but lately I have been craving to watch Star Trek: Voyager (again). There is a new ST tv show, but I heard it was online only, so I may not get to see it for awhile.

October 06, 2016, 01:33:22 AM
Reply #26

hogwartsgoddess

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 01:33:22 AM »
I finally have cable and I'm so excited about fall shows! Anyone else watching Scream Queens or Empire? What about American Horror Story? This is the first season in a few years that I've actually been interested in.
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Scream Queens, Empire

October 06, 2016, 07:18:04 AM
Reply #27

aera

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 07:18:04 AM »
My fiancé really likes Empire and wants me to get into it. How many seasons are there? He also got me into American Horror Story, though I've only seen one season so far. What about this season interests you into watching again?

October 12, 2016, 12:09:15 PM
Reply #28

C_Zachero

• Hello

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 12:09:15 PM »
Has anyone watched Westworld on HBO yet? I'm going to try and watch the first two episodes this weekend. It's a science fiction show that's getting great reviews.

October 19, 2016, 11:43:27 PM
Reply #29

hogwartsgoddess

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:27 PM »
My fiancé really likes Empire and wants me to get into it. How many seasons are there? He also got me into American Horror Story, though I've only seen one season so far. What about this season interests you into watching again?

Empire is in its third season. I love it because it's so intriguing and everyone has ulterior motives and I love trying to keep up with all the drama.

As for AHS, this season is filmed as a paranormal documentary, the ones with the "real people" narrating the event and the dramatic reenactment. It's a complete departure from the previous 5 seasons and that along with the theme, Roanoke, have really captivated me. Season 4 and 5 were way too contrived for me-they were more about pizzazz than horror but this season is really getting back to the nitty gritty scary stuff I love.