Advanced Search

Author Topic: Conversations with Stan Lee (Chat Thread)  (Read 1807 times)

July 10, 2016, 12:32:04 PM
Read 1807 times

Jas

• Global Moderator

• Pronouns: they/them

Conversations with Stan Lee (Chat Thread)
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:32:04 PM »
Okay, so maybe Stan Lee isn't here. Although I wish he was. ;;>.>

But here you can talk about all things DC or Marvel-related!
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Sense8, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, Arrow-verse, Marvel, Rooster Teeth

July 27, 2016, 07:43:28 PM
Reply #1

Samie

• Pronouns: she/they

Re: Conversations with Stan Lee (Chat Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:43:28 PM »
Did y'all see the new Doctor Strange trailer? link. I am so curious about how the fantastical and magical enter the marvel universe, and the cinematography for Doctor Strange looks amazing!

(Also I've been reading the Black Panther comic books by Ta-Nehisi Coates and they're so good! They're my first comic series, so if anyone has comic book recommendations, please share them!)

July 27, 2016, 07:58:31 PM
Reply #2

potterfreak!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:58:31 PM »
Doctor Strange looks fantastic! Probably my favorite info that came out of Comic Con. Well, that and the casting for Captain Marvel. It's so nice to finally have some info on that movie since they've pushed the release date back twice already.

As for comics recommendations, if you like Black Panther I would suggest the current run of The Ultimates. Black Panther is in that group, along with Captain Marvel and a few others. The current Black Widow run has also been amazing. If you're looking for something more fun I'd suggest the current runs of Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Ms. Marvel, and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. A-Force has also been one of my favorites (an all-female Avengers team). If you have any questions feel free to ask! I'm an avid comic collector and I'd love to help!
  • Fandoms: Game of Thrones, Marvel, The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, Hannibal, Alien, Mass Effect, BioShock, Dragon Age, D&D

July 28, 2016, 01:53:31 AM
Reply #3

T-Dryane

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 01:53:31 AM »
I'm also looking forward to seeing magical elements in the Marvel Universe with Doctor Strange.

But what really got me excited was the Wonder Woman trailer. I think the action looks great, and I can't wait for its release. And the Justice League teaser looked really good too. ;D

July 28, 2016, 08:40:52 PM
Reply #4

anastasia

• Pronouns: They/Them

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:40:52 PM »
There are so many awesome trailers from Comic Con that got me hyped. <3  I'm gonna go through and create threads for some of them, but you guys can feel free to create threads too! :D
Don't
Panic

December 19, 2016, 04:28:13 PM
Reply #5

anastasia

• Pronouns: They/Them

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »
Anyone up to anything new and fun? Reading new comic books, seeing new movies? Especially over winter break, I wanna catch up with my comic book reading (aka find as many volumes as I can and read them all).
Don't
Panic

December 19, 2016, 04:45:04 PM
Reply #6

Jas

• Global Moderator

• Pronouns: they/them

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
I have a Marvel Unlimited subscription, so I've been reading soooooo many comics. I think I'm, like, two comics away from finishing their House of M event from... '06? I dunno. But I've heard House of M was one of Marvel's best events, and for good reason. House of M was fantastic. I love how it flips everything on its head and changes everything and just ugh. Now I'm moving onto Decimation, which is the event immediately following House of M, and I wanna see how House of M affected everything.

The one teensy complaint I have with House of M is I don't know all of the tie-ins. They're all listed on a website I found, but some of the more obscure titles have characters that I just don't know. xD So it makes it a little hard to get invested in those scenes. But if that's all I'm complaining about, I'd say it was a pretty good event!
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Sense8, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, Arrow-verse, Marvel, Rooster Teeth