Advanced Search

Author Topic: Voldermort  (Read 1972 times)

July 19, 2016, 08:27:21 PM
Read 1972 times

Helen E Potter

Voldermort
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:27:21 PM »
When you think about  Voldermort',s  story  now when   Professor Snape  over  heard Professor  Trelawney telling  Professor Dumbledore the prophecy Professor Snape went Voldermort and told everything heard but Professor Snape did not hear the hole prophecy  he only heard the bit about the boy being born  at the end  July  the fact the boy's Parents   have  defied  three time  now that boy could have been Harry or Neville Professor Snape   was found by Professor Dumbledore who sent him a way  before Professor Trelawney had finished telling Dumbledore the whole prophecy  but  Professor  Snape still went to Voldermort and told what he over heard  but Professor  Snape miss the most import  bit  and the Dark Lord  will mark him as his equal but he will have powers the Dark Lord knows not  . And either must die at the other hand for neither can live while the other survives  now I think the power the Voldermort  knows does not know  is the fact Harry can feel love and has friends people that want to help he fight becaues Voldermort does not understand love  and as no friends people only fight with him out of fear . When Pettigrew told Voldermort  were the Potters were hiding Voldermort went Godric' Hallow . Which was when  Voldermort,s first mistake  as went he went to kill baby Harry and Lily Potter stood in front of her baby taking the curse in her son's place this giving Harry protection so when Voldermort went kill Harry the curse  re-boned and Voldermort  got hit with it . I have always wonder why  Voldermort choose to go and kill Harry rather then Neville  why didn't wait to see which  boy was going to one who was going to kill him ?  Maybe  Voldermort was going go and kill Neville after he had killed Harry .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:04:46 PM by Helen E Potter »

July 19, 2016, 11:23:53 PM
Reply #1

Landon

Re: Voldermort
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:23:53 PM »
There is this quote from the book.

Quote from: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Ch. 37
“But he might have chosen wrong!” said Harry. “He might have marked the wrong person!”

“He chose the boy he thought most likely to be a danger to him,” said Dumbledore. “And notice this, Harry. He chose, not the pureblood (which, according to his creed, is the only kind of wizard worth being or knowing), but the half-blood, like himself. He saw himself in you before he had ever seen you.”

I think it's interesting to consider, though. Even if Voldemort had succeeded in killing Harry, would he have gone after Neville afterwards just to be sure that the next-closest threat was gone? Both boys matched the criteria, but as Dumbledore said, Voldemort chose the half-blood because he identified more with that threat.
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, Glee, Fifth Harmony, Hunger Games

July 20, 2016, 12:12:13 AM
Reply #2

Resonance

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:12:13 AM »
I agree that had Voldemort's attempt on Harry's life succeeded, there would be a very real and interesting issue re Neville.

Given all we know about Voldemort, I find it hard to believe other than that he would have gone on to murder Neville, as his fear and his need for control over others and any risk of his own death was so pathologically extreme. 

He may revere pureblood, but certainly not any possible risk to his own mortality and power.

Does the sequence of events affect any of this? -- I'm thinking about what, if any, effect the torture-into-insanity of the Longbottoms might have on Voldemort's perception of danger.  One presumes that happened before the attack on Harry, since the rebound of that attack defeated Voldemort the first time and, near as I can tell, marked the end of the first war.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:12:04 PM by Resonance »
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter; Simone Weil

July 20, 2016, 07:42:54 AM
Reply #3

Helen E Potter

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:42:54 AM »
 When we first meet Professor Quirrell he grasps Harry's hand so we know Voldermort  is not  using Quirrell body  when  this happened   it was after Quirrell  failed to get the Philosopher's Stone . But then is the Chamber were the he was trying find the Philosophers,s Stone when Quirrell tried to kill Harry his hand burned..
But why couldn't Quirrell touch  me   ? Your Mother died to save you . If there is one thing Voldermort  cannot understand is love  , He didn't realise  that love  as a power full as your as your mother's for leaves  it's own mark  . not a scar no  visible  sign  to have been loved so deeply , even  though  the person  who loved is gone  , will give  us some protection for ever . It is  in your very skin . Quirrell  full of hatred  , greed  and ambition , sharing his soul  with Voldermort  could not touch you for this reason . It  was agony  to touch  a person marked by  same thing so good 
In the Chamber of Secrets  we meet Tom Riddle  before he became Voldermort  but that until near later in the story . When Harry is in  Lockhart's Office Harry first the voice Harry does hear the voice again until  he , Ron and Hermione  are on they why back from the Death Day Party  When Mrs Norris is Petrified  of Filch  blamed Harry because  he thought  Harry knew he was squib  . But people  thought  Harry  Slytherin,s  hair  because  in Duelling Club when he stops the snake from attacking Justin  Finch-Fletchley.   But everyone thought he was egging the snake on now  I not going talk about Tom Riddle's diary  to much as I have already a discussion on it  but will  talk about how Riddle  showed Harry him catching Harry  Hagrid  who would have  been 13 or 14 years old we see even as a 16 year old Riddle  used  a innocent person to take the blame for what had done making himself look like the hero . Now When  Riddle was telling Harry how Ginny had been writing in the dairy tell him her worries  how her  as she told  him more , more  he got stronger  soon he started to freed  Ginny getting her let the   Basilisk  out to  attack Muggle – Born Witches and Wizards   and squibs writing  messages on the wall killing roasters   Riddle was laughing at the fact he used a 11 year old girl to do his dirty work .  But Harry was  able to kill the  Basilisk using Gryffindor,s sward then plunging the fang into the diary  getting rid of Riddle .

]You can speak Parsletongue because  Voldermort  who is the last  remaining descendants of Salazar Slytherin  can speak Parsletongue . Unless mistaken
Voldermort  he transferred own powers to you 
So I should be in Slytherin the Sorting Hat could see Slytherin's power in me  and it put  You in Gryffindor's
The Sorting Hat put you in Gryffindor . You know why that was .Think  It only put me in Gryffindor becaues I ask not be put in Slytherin Exactly  which makes you different from  Tom Riddle  . It is are choices that show  what we are far more then our abilities
In Harry's 3rd  year the new DADA Professor  Remus Lupin  who was at Hogwarts with Harry's Parents  now later in  the story Harry  sneaks into Hogsmead this when Harry hears what  everyone thinks happened the night Harry's Parents were killed  when he Ron and Hermione are the Three Broomsticks  when Professors McGonagall and Flitwick walk with Hagrid and Fudge   who tell Madam Rosmerta  . How James choose Sirius Black to be  his Lily and baby Harry's secret keeper how Sirius had betrayed  James and Lily also that Sirius is Harry godfather . How Peter  Pettigrew tired to catch Sirius that Sirius  killed Peter and a load of  Muggles  . Later on in the story when Harry and Hermione go to save Ron from the  grim  we found out from  Remus and Sirius that Ron's pet rat  Scabbers is really Peter Pettigrew  how Sirius had talked James into having Pettigrew  as  secret keeper that  Pettigrew  told Voldermort  then cornered Sirius  say how could you Sirius Lily and James then cutting his blowing of the street then turning into the rat. Now when Harry stopped Remus and Sirius  from killing Pettigrew then later  Pettigrew got away becaues it was the full moon and Remus turned into a werewolf .When  was Dumbledore and  Harry talk You did a noble thing saving  Pettigrew''s life . But if it helps Voldermort back to power  Pettigrew owes  his life you have sent Voldermort a deputy who is in your debt
When a Wizard saves a other Wizard's life , it  creates a bond  between them  this magic  at it's deepest, its most impenetrable Harry . But trust me the time  may came when you will be  very glad saved  Pettigrew''s life
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:32:33 AM by Helen E Potter »

July 21, 2016, 05:05:35 AM
Reply #4

Helen E Potter

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 05:05:35 AM »
n the 4th book  Barty Crouch Jr sent the Dark Mark into air at the Quiddtch Word cup to  frighten the Deatheaters then go to Hogwarts as Mad Eye Moody  . Put Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire under a 4th School then   make sure Harry got  though all the tasks in The  Triwizard  Tournament so Harry would get a head start in the maze so he could get to the the middle of maze   first then pick up the  cup  but Harry he and Cedric Diggory both should  win .  But the cup had been turned into a portkey by  Barty Crouch Jr  sadly Cedric was killed Voldermort wanted to use Harry's blood becaues  would be able  to touch Harry without feeling pain also  it would give him same  protection as Harry . Now Voldermort also used a bone from his dead muggle father which is odd when Voldermort thinks all muggles are dirty and claver . 'After  letting  Pettigrew safare he finley gave Pettigrew  the sliver hand  but why  a sliver hand ?  Now Harry was  meant to die that night   so Voldermort could get into Hogwarts before Dumbledore knew anything Voldermort would killed Dumbledore and taken over Hogwarts .

Thought out the Order of the Phoenix Voldermort is trying to get the  prophecie so he can hear the whole of it . again using other people to get for in the end putting a false visin of him hurting Sirius so  Harry  would came and get the   prophecie  for but all went wrong becaues  Lucius  Malfoy couldn't cope with  two 16 years old  , two 15 year old and two14 year old and the prophecie was  broken .

In the 6th book we  find  out more about Tom Riddle as a boy before started Hogwarts how was a bully who know he could make people hurt if he wanted and he did he also use to take thing from the other children . Also we find Tom Riddle killed his Father and Grandparents  he then  made his Uncle  on his Mother's side think  he had killed the three Riddles  this happned  when Riddle  this happened the summer of 1943  before Riddle's 6th  year .When Riddle was in his 6th  year he asked  Professor Slughorn about  horcruxs of sadly for everyone Slughron told Riddle everything he needed to know about hotcruxes .

When Riddle  left Hogwartd wanted to tbe DADA  Professor  he was told he was to young by Profesdor Dippet So when Riddle left Hogwars he got a job working in Borgin and Burkes.  After he stole Slythern's locket and Hufflepuff's cup before killing Hepzihah Smith  making sure   Hokey Hepzihah.s  House Elf   got convicted for killng Hepzihah .When Riddle was in his late 20s he went to   Dumbledore was headmaster  and  tired again but Dumbledore would not give the job that when DADA  post was curseed becaues no Prfessor  last more one School year

In the 7th  book Voldermort knows his wand can not kill Harry only hurt  the same goes for Harry,s wand this is becaues  both wands Harry's and Voldermort,s    Fawkes,s  tail feather as their core  so took  Lucius  Malfoy,s wand  but when Voldermort to use to kill Harry the got broken

When Harry and Ron were locked in the Cellar at Malfoy Meaner  Pettigrew  was thinking  about letting Harry get out of the Cellar but  the silver hand  got from Voldermort garbed Pettigrew chocked him until he died now think that why Voldermort  gave Pettigrew the silver hand because I think Pettigrew told Voldermort how Harry stopped Remus and Sirius from killing him
I hated the way Voldermort went on about Elder Wand think that the new owner had  to kill the old owner  when the wand was own  by person who had dis armed the old owner I hated when Voldermort killed poor  Severus it was such a nasty death using his snake to bit  Severus .

Now when  Harry took the killing curse  without fighting that put the same  protection  to every one at Hogwarts becaues every spell Voldermort used  on them did not work .So when you think about it when Voldermort  used Avada Kedavra  on Harry  he only killed  the tiny bit of his own soul which was implanted in Harry when  Lily Potter stood in front of her son and Voldermort killed her  a bit Voldrmort's soul went into the only living thing  so  Harry was the horcrux that never menat to make  in fact Voldermort did not know Harry was a  horcrux .  In their finle dule Voldermort again  used Avada  Kedrava  Harry using Expelliarmus making the killing curses  rebond and kill Voldermort  .

So what have leraned about Voldermort for me Tom Riddle was a sad loney little boy who was proud of not being the same as the other Children  Tom hated sharing any thing . I think in  a way Voldermort was always that  sad loney  little boy . Voldermort could never understand love or frendship as Tom Riddle did not have friends even at Hogwarts he had hangers on who though one Riddle would in charge of the Wizarding World and they all wanted be in his gang ,
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:14:35 AM by Helen E Potter »