Advanced Search

Author Topic: Star Wars Merchandise  (Read 2132 times)

August 01, 2016, 03:54:23 PM
Read 2132 times

aera

• Pronouns: They/Them; He/Him

Star Wars Merchandise
« on: August 01, 2016, 03:54:23 PM »
Because a fandom as old as this one is bound to have some interesting stuff.

What merch does everyone have, or want, or saw one time and thought was really cool? Has anyone ever handmade anything, like a Jedi Robe or lightsaber for Halloween or ComicCon? And of course one cannot forget the books, both the now-non-canon, and the new ones being written currently.

-Personally, I have a Yoda head pillow my mom got me for my birthday this year. Like, it's literally just his giant head. I may post a picture at some point.
-I also have a boxed set of the original three movies, and a single DVD that contains the prequels.
-A couple years back I bought a Star Wars ring off of Etsy; made of black titanium, it has the New Republic symbol on it.
-And not to forget, my rather extensive now-non-canon collection of Star Wars books. Both hard and soft cover, mind you. My favorite are the Clone Wars novels, though early books of the New Jedi Order are rather good as well.
  • Fandoms: Orphan Black

August 01, 2016, 05:10:51 PM
Reply #1

C_Zachero

• Hello

Re: Star Wars Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »
I've got a bunch of the Luke Funko Pop figures, and 2 more to go! I have each of the movies on DVD, and should have the OT and Phantom Menace on VHS at my parents' somewhere... I have a bunch of books too, new canon and old canon. I liked the Clone Wars books quite a bit too! I am also collecting the new canon comic books, and have purchased some collections of the legends comics. I dressed up as Luke for Halloween last year. I bought a karate gi and a plastic lightsaber (my old one was broken), and I already had the hair so I was set! I have a box of a bunch of old action figures too, as well as a bunch of other random stuff. I also have a lot of Star Wars posters/artwork. Might post some pictures later.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:15:22 PM by C_Zachero »

August 02, 2016, 01:17:04 PM
Reply #2

Stardust

• Administrator

• We are the others

• Pronouns: She/her

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »
Oh man, I don't have NEARLY enough Star Wars merchandise.

I really want to get some of the Funko Pop Figures, but I have the DVDs of all of the movies (of course). Several of the old cannon books from right after the original trilogy ended. I'm currently reading The Courtship of Princess Leia, actually.

Then, some of my favorite current artists have done quite a bit of Star Wars art, so I have a nice sized print of  this really awesome piece by Karen Hallion. I also have a this tote bag that's a little Doctor Who/Star Wars mashup. Annnnd I have a t-shirt with this design on it that I totally wore to see Star Wars, and I definitely intend to wear it at Comic Con in October.

I'm really hoping to find some good stuff at NY Comic Con in October.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:01:19 PM by Stardust »
  • Fandoms: Doctor Who, Merlin, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Mortal Instruments, The Magicians, Hunger Games

August 03, 2016, 09:24:21 AM
Reply #3

Arryn

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
I barely have any Star Wars merch too. I have an old green lightsaber from the 90s that once belonged to my brother, an R2-D2 shirt, a giant holographic tote bag of The Force Awakens, a BB8 plush, and Funko Pop figures of Rey, Finn, and Poe. I ordered a couple of Star Wars books with a Yoda bobblehead a few days ago, so I'll be adding that to my collection soon. I'm also planning on getting the original trio as a Funko Pop set, but that'll probably happen at the end of the year. I'm slowly getting into the comic book series, as well. I'm thinking about cosplaying Rey at the end of the year or next year for a convention, and I plan on making the costume and staff by myself. (If anyone has any tips for me, let me know!)

I really want to save up for the Hot Toys figures of Rey. It's so detailed and beautiful, I'm in loveeee. But it's also $350 so... Maybe in a couple of years.
  • Fandoms: HP, Doctor Who, Marvel, DC, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Star Trek, RPDR