Advanced Search

Author Topic: NBC Acquires TV Rights to Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts  (Read 1488 times)

August 08, 2016, 12:13:02 PM
Read 1488 times

C_Zachero

• Hello

NBC Acquires TV Rights to Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts
« on: August 08, 2016, 12:13:02 PM »
http://www.hypable.com/hmmmm-nbc-acquires-tv-rights-to-harry-potter-and-fantastic-beasts/

Well this is definitely interesting. It could just be nothing, but it's fun to think about the possibilities of an HP television show! If you could pick any HP-related topic to be to focus of a television show, what would you pick? Also, who would you like to see directing/starring in an HP television show?

August 09, 2016, 02:22:03 AM
Reply #1

wishes

• (:

Re: NBC Acquires TV Rights to Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 02:22:03 AM »
I feel that the Harry Potter universe certainly has enough detail to be adapted into a TV show, but I honestly don't feel good about it ): I know some movies have done well as a TV series, one that springs to mind is How To Train A Dragon, but there is definitely a drop in quality with the translation over to TV. While the TV series is more aimed at younger children, I feel like the Harry Potter world will draw in a large more diverse audience and long-term HP lovers who have certain expectations that might not be met. I don't want to see happen to any section of the Harry Potter world you know? I mean... maybe if they have a budget similar to Game of Thrones it would be fantastic, but I doubt it!

That being said, I think out of all the areas of the HP world to base a TV series on, Fantastic Beasts have some great content they can draw on -- like the adventures of Newt Scamander and friends while writing entries into his book! Or even a Quidditch one, following a student fresh out of Hogwarts trying to make it big! That would definitely be a drama-filled one, though the visual effects budget would have to be huge.

previously Nyu

August 09, 2016, 10:35:51 AM
Reply #2

Caleb

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »
I'm also not too wild about a Potter television series - but I would love to see a Marauders series! I think we could see a lot of great adventures as the gang goes through school.

The thing that peaks my interest most about that article is Universal possibly expanding their theme parks, hopefully with a Fantastic Beasts spin! I hope they keep building on to their Wizarding World parks, and this could be a good way to open that world up more.

August 09, 2016, 10:41:25 AM
Reply #3

Ash

• Global Moderator

• omgcp! gives me life

• Pronouns: She/Her

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 10:41:25 AM »
Oh my glob.

YES to a Marauders series.  I would eat that up.  I would love to see them creating the Marauder's Map.  Learning to be animagus.  There is just so much they could show from their school days, and then to also see the beginning of the original Order of the Phoenix.  Voldy recruiting his original Death Eaters.

Just yes please.
  • Fandoms: Check, Please! Harry Potter, Hannibal, Good Omens, Critical Role, and more!
Anybody can make lights. Anybody could send a message through a wire. I want to bend reality to my will
- caleb widogast

August 09, 2016, 03:02:16 PM
Reply #4

C_Zachero

• Hello

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
A Marauders series would be amazing. I've always wanted JK to explore more with that group. I'd also be interested in an animated series, I thought Star Wars did a great job with that. They would have to be careful though, an animated series could get a little too children-oriented for me.