Advanced Search

Author Topic: Fantastic Beasts sequel release date announced!  (Read 2273 times)

August 03, 2016, 10:55:02 AM
Read 2273 times

Caleb

Fantastic Beasts sequel release date announced!
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »
Today, Warner Bros. announced the release date for the second 'Fantastic Beasts' film - November 16, 2018! It's a bummer we'll have to wait two years, but I think I'm okay with that overall - it means the new film trilogy will last longer.

The interesting quote from the EW story:

The new film, Warner Bros. said in a statement, “moves deeper into an increasingly dark time for the wizarding world, where Newt and our other heroes have to decide on their allegiances.”

At San Diego Comic-Con last month, Yates teased that Rowling had already written the script for the sequel, which takes the story “in a whole new direction.”

Not surprising at all that Rowling has a new turn for the second movie. I love the idea that we might get a totally unique story, but still follow Newt - similar to how we read the Potter books.

August 03, 2016, 11:31:39 AM
Reply #1

Stardust

• Administrator

• We are the others

• Pronouns: She/her

Re: Fantastic Beasts sequel release date announced!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 11:31:39 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this set of movies. It's going to be awesome and so expansive.

I secretly hope that they call the second movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where Else to Find Them" :P

It'll be really interesting to see where these go, especially with how dark the Potter movies actually got, and I wonder if the FB movies will go on a similar path.
  • Fandoms: Doctor Who, Merlin, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Mortal Instruments, The Magicians, Hunger Games

August 03, 2016, 11:35:12 AM
Reply #2

C_Zachero

• Hello

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:35:12 AM »
I like how it will take a darker turn. The first movie seems like it will be quite lighthearted, even with the bad stuff that is going down. I'm very excited that she actually wrote the scripts for both of these movies, instead of somebody else. The story needs to say in her hands. :)

August 03, 2016, 11:44:58 AM
Reply #3

Caleb

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 11:44:58 AM »
I secretly hope that they call the second movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where Else to Find Them" :P

When it gets officially announced, you heard it here first, folks.

August 03, 2016, 11:54:24 AM
Reply #4

beauties and beasts

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »

When it gets officially announced, you heard it here first, folks.

And the third one: "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Even More of Them?"

I'm a bit bummed too about having to wait two years, but I guess we've waited so long already, what's another couple of years? ;)
  • Fandoms: Harry Potter, The Magicians, Doctor Who, Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow,

August 03, 2016, 12:17:23 PM
Reply #5

Stardust

• Administrator

• We are the others

• Pronouns: She/her

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
LOL yes, exactly, Conor.

Or "Fantastic Beasts and Where The Wild Things Are" ...

It sucks having to wait for 2 years, but I can certainly understand them not wanting to release next November -- I don't think I'd want my movie to go up against Star Wars VIII in 2017 either LOL. I suppose it could have made more sense for an early winter release though -- January or February or something.
  • Fandoms: Doctor Who, Merlin, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Mortal Instruments, The Magicians, Hunger Games

August 03, 2016, 12:26:29 PM
Reply #6

JudithC

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »
Hey, back in the day we had to wait three years between Star Wars movies, and we survived.  And wrote lots and lots of fanfic to fill in the time and explore the theories about answers to open questions.  At least now we have places like this to get together and speculate in realtime.  Imagine how frustrating it was without the Internet!