Advanced Search

Author Topic: After all this time? Always. [Final Scores] Please close :)  (Read 15973 times)

August 29, 2016, 07:53:35 PM
Reply #15

aera

• Pronouns: They/Them; He/Him

Re: After all this time? Always.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »
I'm going to wait a couple days to put up Round 3 to get the results posted, and those who haven't turned in R2 can have the chance to do so for less points.

And yes, if anyone would like to post sent so I can confirm I got their entry, that would be awesome. :)
  • Fandoms: Orphan Black

August 30, 2016, 01:30:38 PM
Reply #16

aera

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
I wanted to clarify my last post, also. I believe I have all entries but one, which had an extension granted. So after I have it, I will be posting R3.

September 04, 2016, 01:23:25 PM
Reply #17

aera

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 01:23:25 PM »
Scoring will be posted today. Honest.

Round Three Pairing:
Due by: September 11th 11:59pm GS time.

Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Character: Severus Snape

The scene you depict in your graphic does NOT need to have been specifically shown in the book, merely implied or assumed. If you have any questions if the scene you want to do would count or not, feel free to PM me. :) The scene may take place anytime during the timeline of PoA. For clarity purposes, please include a short blurb explaining the scene you depicted.

ANY type or size of graphic/doll within GS regulations may be submitted. You may use the original actors or use another model.
Please include all bases when you PM me your entry.

As this contest has 7 rounds, each contestant may use up to three (3) extensions. Extensions should be requested 48 hours (2 days) in advance of the deadline, and each extension will be good for three (3) days.

Lastly, this is a privately-submitted contest, which means if you keep a graphics gallery you will need to wait until results have been posted before you can showcase your submission in your gallery.

Submitted (Extensions Used):
1 anastasia
2 Maltrix
3 Khaos
4 AmyLeah (1)
5 MoonyMary (1)

September 04, 2016, 04:15:59 PM
Reply #18

aera

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
Round One Scoring:

Khaos-

Here's my entry for the first round, it's the sorting of Draco. :)

Bases: 1, 2, 3.

I love the fun speech bubble you used here, it's definitely something different and underused in the world of graphics. Layering the text colors to match the Slytherin theme was a wonderful touch as well. The only thing I would say is for bases, finding big ones is a great start, but also good quality ones, so you don't have to fight the graininess so much. There were three sorting-centric entries, so for the Originality factor I docked half a point.

4.5/5pts - Creativity/Originality
4/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy

anastasia-

Base 1.  Base 2. Base 3. Base 4.

You can't think of Draco without thinking of Slytherin. That first time meeting Draco in the books, in Madame Malkin's where he's telling Harry all about the houses in an attempt to make friends. And he says that he knows he'll be in Slytherin because his whole family's in Slytherin. Even though he's a little spoiled brat, there's a sort of innocence about the way he says it that I love. So I tried to depict that scene that was cut out from the movies, and I ended up having to use a picture of Draco in the actual sorting ceremony. So I guess I could be representing either scene.

It's true, Draco is as much Slytherin as the Weasley's are Gryffindor, there never was any doubt. The snake scale-esque background (well, pebbles really, but with the coloring you did that's the impression I get of it) you used is perfect here as well, very Slytherin and fitting of Draco. There were three sorting-centric entries, so for the Originality factor I docked half a point.

5/5pts - Creativity/Originality
4.5/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy

AmyLeah-

The original quote from Malfoy is, "I do feel sorry for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."  What I tried to portray here is the possibility that Draco was really feeling sorry for himself.  Maybe he wished he had the opportunity to spend the holiday with friends instead of family, whether it be at Hogwarts or somewhere else.  Maybe he felt sorry for himself because "The Chosen One" chose to be friends with a Weasley instead of Draco.  I chose to shorten the quote to allow for those possibilities.

Bases: 1, 2, 3

I appreciate your unique interpretation of the text! My own impression of SS Draco was that he was jealous of Ron and Harry's immediate friendship despite Draco's attempted interference, and your mention here of him perhaps feeling sorry for himself because of not being able to spend the holidays with friends seems a likely possibility. Draco's crisis of identity/faith didn't begin in Deathly Hallows, I believe it may have been a moment like this that started him thinking. (But I digress.) I love the font choice and placement here; it is reminiscent of olde timey writing, which I imagine is the way wizards write on their parchment as well. The still of Draco is just perfect the way you described the scene, he has a look of pity and slight frustration.

5/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy

Maltrix-

I made a graphic representing Draco's Sorting using scenes from the movie. The graphic is pretty much self explanatory. I haven't figured out how to use Gimp yet, so I made it in MS Paint.

Bases:
1, 2, 3

For a Paint creation, this is really good, I must admit I am impressed! (I didn't even know it was possible to layer things. >.> ) This graphic feels very Draco-ish withe the sorting hat scene in the background and the crest popping out very boldly against McGonagall's robes. Despite his earlier confidence of knowing he would be in Slytherin, I think anyone would look a little worried about having a talking/singing hat placed on their head, so we can forgive Draco's uncharacteristic expression there. The only thing I would say is when cutting, try to keep the edges as smooth as possible. Honestly I'm not sure how to give detailed tips for this if you're using Paint. :S There were three sorting-centric entries, so for the Originality factor I docked half a point.

4.5/5pts - Creativity/Originality
4/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy

MoonyMary-

Bases: Malfoy | Forest 1 | Forest 2 | Moon

Harry's heart rose; if they were going to be working with Hagrid it wouldn't be so bad. His relief must have showed in his -face, because Filch said, "I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that oaf? Well, think again, boy -- it's into the forest you're going and I'm much mistaken if you'll all come out in one piece."

At this, Neville let out a little moan, and Malfoy stopped dead in his tracks.

"The forest?" he repeated, and he didn't sound quite as cool as usual. "We can't go in there at night -- there's all sorts of things in there -- werewolves, I heard."

Taken from Chapter 15, The Forbidden Forest. I made this mostly based on the mysterious atmosphere of the Forest rather than Malfoy - the main point of this round. Originally, I preferred to choose the image of Malfoy yelling and running away, but then this one seems like he was trying to be cool with a hidden fear behind that expression... So, that's it.

The depiction of the forest you did here is eerie and creepy, exactly the way I imagined a Forbidden Forest would be. The way it was pieced together is excellent, the hues and shades of both flow well into each other. Using all dark bases was a great choice, Malfoy as well, as it made the overall color blending easier I'm sure. I'm also loving the choice of font and text color, very elegant and composed, just like the member of a rich important family should be even if he's losing his cool at the thought of werewolves.

5/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:16:27 PM by aera »

September 08, 2016, 10:38:11 AM
Reply #19

aera

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »
Round Two Scoring:
I am out of town for almost two weeks. I'm in a bit of a time crunch at the moment, so here are just the numbers of the scores. If you would like an in-depth explanation of it, please PM me and I will reply when I return. Thank you. :)

Khaos-
Here's my entry for the second round. This is the scene when Ron enters the Trophy Room he has to clean without magic as punishment for flying the Ford Anglia to school. :)

Bases: 1, 2, 3.

4.5/5pts - Presentation
4.5/5pts - Accuracy

anastasia-

So this scene is always the scene that I've loved most with Ron. The heart break in his face, the worry in his voice. I think it's the one scene where you can actually tell that Ron loves his family and his little sibling. I had a really hard time figuring out how to represent the scene, cause it speaks well for itself. The wall and Ginny and the look on his face.

Base 1 Base 2 Texture

4.5/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy

AmyLeah-

1, 2, 3, 4

5/5pts - Presentation
4/5pts - Accuracy

Maltrix-
This is when Ron was sending Harry letters over the summer, right before they go pick him up.

Bases 12

4/5pts - Presentation
4/5pts - Accuracy

MoonyMary-

Base 1 2 3 4 5

The graphic is based on the scene where Ron received Mrs. Weasley's Howler about him using the flying car. Even though this is one of the scenes that impressed me the most, I could not come up with much details for it, so there is only the background explaining why he received the Howler.

4/5pts - Presentation
5/5pts - Accuracy

September 08, 2016, 10:45:55 AM
Reply #20

aera

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 10:45:55 AM »
Reminder that R3 entries are due by Sunday, September 11th.
I will be out of town until at least 9-16-16, so here is R4 early. It may be submitted any time before the deadline listed below.

Round Four Pairing:
Due by: Sunday, September 18th 11:59pm GS time.

Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Character: Any one of the Tri-Wizard champions

The scene you depict in your graphic does NOT need to have been specifically shown in the book, merely implied or assumed. If you have any questions if the scene you want to do would count or not, feel free to PM me. :) The scene may take place anytime during the timeline of GoF. For clarity purposes, please include a short blurb explaining the scene you depicted.

ANY type or size of graphic/doll within GS regulations may be submitted. You may use the original actors or use another model.

As this contest has 7 rounds, each contestant may use up to three (3) extensions. Extensions should be requested 48 hours (2 days) in advance of the deadline, and each extension will be good for three (3) days.

Lastly, this is a privately-submitted contest, which means if you keep a graphics gallery you will need to wait until results have been posted before you can showcase your submission in your gallery.

1 anastasia
2 Maltrix
3 Khaos
4 AmyLeah (1)
5 MoonyMary (1)

September 11, 2016, 11:29:58 PM
Reply #21

AmyLeah

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 11:29:58 PM »
Round 3 sent.

If I requested an extension (for round 1), but didn't use it, does it still count against me?

Sig by Alura

September 12, 2016, 03:39:05 PM
Reply #22

aera

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 03:39:05 PM »
If you turned it in by the original deadline, I would imagine not. Extensions don't matter unless you've gone above the allowed number, which you haven't.

September 18, 2016, 10:58:56 AM
Reply #23

aera

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 10:58:56 AM »
As a reminder, Round 4 closes tonight at 11:59pm.

September 18, 2016, 05:57:01 PM
Reply #24

AmyLeah

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »
Round 4 sent.

Sig by Alura

September 20, 2016, 07:57:35 PM
Reply #25

aera

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 07:57:35 PM »
R3 scores will be posted this week, so keep a look out. :) I'm having technical difficulties, bit 3 and 4 will be up as soon as possible.

Round Five Pairing:
Due by: Tuesday, September 27th 11:59pm GS time.

Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Character: Dumbledore

The scene you depict in your graphic does NOT need to have been specifically shown in the book, merely implied or assumed. If you have any questions if the scene you want to do would count or not, feel free to PM me. :) The scene may take place anytime during the timeline of OotP. For clarity purposes, please include a short blurb explaining the scene you depicted.

1 anastasia
2 Maltrix
3 Khaos
4 AmyLeah
5 MoonyMary (1)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:52:34 AM by aera »

September 24, 2016, 10:32:13 AM
Reply #26

aera

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »
As a reminder, this round ends September 27th.

September 26, 2016, 06:54:34 AM
Reply #27

aera

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »
As a reminder, R5 ends Tuesday, September 27th. That is tomorrow.

September 27, 2016, 06:36:38 PM
Reply #28

AmyLeah

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 06:36:38 PM »
Round 5 sent.

Sig by Alura

September 29, 2016, 01:36:15 PM
Reply #29

aera

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »
 I'm having technical difficulties, but 3, 4 and 5 will be up as soon as possible. Also remember, please request extensions 48 hours in advance.

Round Six Pairing:
Due by: Thursday, October 6th 11:59pm GS time.

Book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Character: Hermione Granger

The scene you depict in your graphic does NOT need to have been specifically shown in the book, merely implied or assumed. If you have any questions if the scene you want to do would count or not, feel free to PM me. :) The scene may take place anytime during the timeline of OotP. For clarity purposes, please include a short blurb explaining the scene you depicted.

Submitted x (Extensions Used):
1 anastasia
2 Maltrix
3 Khaos - DO
4 AmyLeah
5 MoonyMary (1)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:37:04 PM by aera »