Advanced Search

Author Topic: Chatting with Characters  (Read 1581 times)

August 06, 2016, 10:40:41 PM
Read 1581 times

JudithC

Chatting with Characters
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »
If you're like me, you've thought about conversations you would like to have with different characters if only they were real.  Which character or characters would you most like to chat with, and what would you like to talk with them about?

Most recently I got to thinking about how much Edmund Jarvis/JARVIS/Vision would have to say, and what stories he would have to tell.  After all, in one form or another he went from adulthood during World War II to an artificial intelligence through the first decade and a half of the 21st century, and now he is re-embodied with superpowers with a long future ahead of him.  What a roller-coaster ride!  Just hearing about the differences between his various physical states would be fascinating.  And then there are the stories about all the things he has seen and done.  What is it like to be an AI who can move from computer to computer and be almost anywhere, but never really touch anyone or anything?  How did he deal with the transitions from one form to another?  Yeah, I could sit down with him for a week or ten.  So many questions!