Advanced Search

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 2488 times)

January 23, 2017, 04:29:50 PM
Read 2488 times

C_Zachero

• Hello

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« on: January 23, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »
It was announced earlier today on StarWars.com that Episode VIII will be named Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

So far, there is a lot of debate over what the title means. Does the Last Jedi mean a singular Jedi (Luke or Rey), or does it mean plural Jedi (the jedi order). What do you think it means, and how do you feel about the title? Is there anything else we can take away from it?

January 25, 2017, 10:31:45 PM
Reply #1

aera

• Pronouns: They/Them; He/Him

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:45 PM »
I found the new title to be super ironic, considering "Return of the Jedi" was chronologically only two movies ago. And none of the other movie titles have 'repeated' before this, (as far as I can think of at the moment). Other than that, I really don't have an opinion.

• Fandoms: Orphan Black

January 28, 2017, 02:29:25 PM
Reply #2

windsor4thederby

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 02:29:25 PM »
I think it's in reference to multiple Jedi. Rey and Luke are clearly both Jedi, so I don't think it can be the "last" Jedi as a singular. Although it's my personal belief that Kylo Ren will leave the First Order, whether in this movie or the next, and join Rey in taking them down.

January 28, 2017, 03:36:21 PM
Reply #3

JudithC

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »
I hope it's plural.  Now that we've seen that the writers/producers are willing to make movies without script immunity for any of the characters, I'd love to see the end of the series being taking down both the Jedi and the First Order (why are they not Sith any more?) as organizations whose time has passed.

March 09, 2017, 08:50:32 PM
Reply #4

windsor4thederby

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »
So they released the international titles for The Last Jedi, and it turns out that the word Jedi is in reference to multiple Jedi! Yay! Also a Disney exec was shown a few cuts from the movie and revealed that there would be even more intense staring between Rey and Luke. Apparently he asks her who she is, which leads me to question, if Rey is Luke's daughter, wouldn't he know who she is using the Force? #ReyKenobiFTW