Read 1158 times

Avada Kedavra

Closed
« on: January 30, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:56:22 PM by Maltrix »

January 30, 2017, 08:35:41 PM
Reply #1

JudithC

I would be a lot happier if JKR had waited a while - say, until after the second or even third movie - and did a more expansive update that could legitimately be called a revision or a second edition within the Potterverse.  It would not be out of line for Newt's publisher to be open to a new version of the book if the first one sold well, but I have a credibility problem with this kind of scholarly work flying off the shelves and requiring a second printing, which is what a new version this soon after the in-universe publication of the old one would imply to me.  And I do think there should be an in-universe reason for the new version, as there was for the original.

As it stands, it seems like a cynical attempt to take more advantage of a loyal fan base.  Is JKR at least donating part or all of the profits to charity, like with the original book?  She has made enough money to provide for herself and the next several generations of her family, and going for another round of profits with minimal input and effort on her part without giving something back really rubs me the wrong way.