Advanced Search

Author Topic: Harry Potter's 20th Anniversary!  (Read 1315 times)

June 26, 2017, 05:08:23 PM
Read 1315 times

windsor4thederby

Harry Potter's 20th Anniversary!
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:08:23 PM »
Hi guys!

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the release of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone!! As such, I thought it might be nice to reflect on what Harry & co. have done for you/what the series means to you. Let's reminisce on the last 20 years together!

To this day, I can tell you exactly what I was doing on June 26, 1997. I was snuggled in my bed, eyes closed, listening to my mother read me the very first line of what would become my favorite series in the entire world: “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.” I didn’t know just how much the Harry Potter series would affect me at the time.

The Harry Potter books became more to me than just words on a page. It got me through my parents’ divorce, countless years of bullying, depression, PTSD, and bulimia. It spawned some of my longest, most genuine friendships. It gave me access to a community that has forever changed who I was and who I would become. This series taught me countless life-lessons, allowed me to be unashamedly myself, showed me that family is not just who we are related to, and gave me a sense of direction in life when I was totally lost. It gave me a house (go Ravenclaw!!), it gave me an escape, it gave me a theme park that I actually enjoy, and it gave me a pretty amazing friendship tattoo with my bestie. Twenty years later, “all was well,” but it certainly isn’t the end. Here’s to twenty more years, Harry. 💕

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:08:34 PM by windsor4thederby »

April 17, 2018, 11:29:39 PM
Reply #1

Vicenter

Re: Harry Potter's 20th Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 11:29:39 PM »
The reason I came in, I need some helpful info, can you help me?